- April Sesshin
- Enrollment is open for the five-day April sesshin (4/14–4/19). An application is available at www.zencentersandiego.org/schedule/sesshin.php.
- February NEWSLETTER
- The February Newsletter (web page, pdf) includes announcements, sesshin application, and an article about community and compassion.
- ONE-DAY SITTING AT QUESTHAVEN
- Al Zolynas will be doing a small one-day retreat with his Escondido group, and would like to invite any ZCSD members to participate.
It's scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 8:30 - 5:00 in the Friendship House at Questhaven. He plans for it to be just a day of quiet sitting and walking--no talk or interviews. To help offset the fee for the rental of the space, he needs to charge $20--which folks can bring on the day of the retreat ("scholarships" available for those who might need them).
People should bring a sack lunch for silent eating. Coffee and tea will be provided. Folks should plan on bringing their own cushion and/or mat.
Please contact Al as soon as you can if you will be attending: email@example.com.
- SECOND SUNDAY SITTING
- A second Sunday sitting with daisan has been added to the schedule beginning January 19th. The sittings will be on the first and third Sundays from 10am-12pm.
- BOARD ELECTION RESULTS
- The newly elected members of the Zen Center Board are: Chuck Sweet, Ed Harpin, Eric Kaufmann, Jennifer Kugel Fritz, Joyce Lane, June Cressy, and Punit Auerbacher.
- January NEWSLETTER
- The January Newsletter (web page, pdf) includes announcements, sesshin application, and an article about the bigger picture.